For your safety and understanding here are a few rules and some more information about our Alpaca Afternoon Tea. All bookings for Afternoon Tea with our Alpacas must be made in advance. We cannot accept walk-ins.
You are able to access our garden and then the paddock with alpacas without going through our home.
- Minimum booking is for 2 people and maximum is 12.
- If your booking is for 2 people you may share the afternoon with another small group of 2 or 4 who ask for the same date.
- For this the tables in our tent will be suitably socially distanced apart.
- Any larger groups will have the afternoon tea experience exclusively to themselves.
- The Afternoon Tea experience is private to those guests who booked for 6 or more as a family or group.
- Please wear appropriate footwear as you will be walking on grass and uneven ground.
- We will provide relevant guidance on safety in our outdoor spaces, COVID19 relevant hygiene and social distancing.
- We will give you a briefing before you meet the alpacas about interacting with our herd.
- It is always important to stay quiet and calm around animals.
- Please respect the alpacas and understand that while they are cute and curious they do not like to be touched. They will however eat carrots from your hand. And come and say hello!
- You are very welcome to take photographs but please respect the animals at all times.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. We advise that children under 3 years old do not feed or touch the alpacas.
- Hand washing facilities are available.
- Sorry no dogs allowed.
- Please note that we do have 2 dogs – Wire Fox Terriers – who are happy to say hello if you want to meet them but will be kept out of the way while you eat your tea and meet the alpacas.
- There is a cloakroom with toilet and hand washing facilities on the ground floor of our house which can be accessed from our Garden Room. It does not involve going into the main part of the house and will be cleaned between each booking to meet with COVID 19 requirements.
- We ask that you wash your hands and use hand sanitiser after you have met the alpacas and before you have your tea.
- If it rains your tea party can still go ahead as you will be sitting in our tent that overlooks the paddock with alpacas. However, if you prefer to re-schedule if the weather is very bad then we can organise it for another date or give you a gift voucher.
- No smoking on the premises.
- We ask that if you or any of your party are feeling any of the recognised signs of COVID19 that you cancel your booking or re-arrange for another date.
- Payment must be made when booking.
- Payment can be made by card when calling to make the booking or via bank transfer or PayPal.
- A receipt will be sent after phone payment
- We do not take cash on the day.
- We ask for contact details of the guest booking to meet with Covid19 government guidelines for track and trace.
- Any cancellations will be asked to re-schedule or given a gift voucher.
- We reserve the right to postpone if, due to the nature of our business, circumstances arise that are out of control.
- We will ask for your contact details on booking and will leave a message in the unlikely circumstances we have to cancel.
- Covid 19 Exceptions – with the uncertainty of this virus we will refund for any cancellations made due to Covid 19.
Health & Safety
- We will be following all the latest Government guidelines for your and our safety while you are with us. And our food will be prepared under the appropriate guidelines from our Food Standards Agency approved kitchen.
- We will, and ask you to also, adhere to the social distancing rule of minimum 1 metre.
- We request all guests wash their hands before and after interacting with the alpacas.
- Your meeting with the alpacas is done at your own risk.
- A risk assessment has been undertaken and is available on request.
We look forward to meeting you!